Sunday, November 24, 2013

Basorexia: the desire to kiss



 Lay down with me. Don't quit your stammering. How many times have you kissed him today and do my eyes threaten you? I'm trying very hard not to slip. You scorn my cursing. Check the time. Your skin is so warm it makes my knees and nerves waver. 

The last time you looked this good, we were swimming in the Atlantic. Your teeth were chattering and your forehead was sweating under my whispers and secrets. You told me to shut up so many times. You were smug. You were irrational. You were clever, whimsical, daunting, and I? I was a goner.



Show me where to put them
and how long should they boil
these kisses of mine?



In a minute, Paul

12 comments:

  1. I've never seen your blog, and I DON'T KNOW WHY.
    This is soooo good! I love it.
    "Check the time."
    Love this cause it's about kissing. But its much deeper than that.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K. This was awesome. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I got nothin...this was so good.
    And it was so much more than what you see on the surface, and I love that I have to look just a little closer to find it...
    I'm so freaking glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M JUST SO IN LOVE WITH YOUR WRITING. What, have I said that already? Too bad. We'll all get over it. I just need to let it out.
    I'm aaaalways checking your blog to see what you have to say. I definitely feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I wrote like you. The words you use are beautiful.

    I wish you were a girl. I think I'd like you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! just the way the words flow onto the page! inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. just the way the words flow and sound. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That whole middle paragraph.

    "The last time you looked this good, we were swimming in the Atlantic."

    And then boiling kisses? Man...

    ReplyDelete