Friday, October 25, 2013

Skanky Underwear



"I hate my widows peak." She says as she pulls her hair back.
"Yeah you should wax it." She looks at me with an amused pout, but here's a tint to her glare that means I've joked too far and she's trying to hide that.

"That's okay I guess, because I can't grow a beard" I say to joke about myself.

"Geeze, Paul. Will you hit puberty already?" She starts, "I'm waiting for your voice to drop." Oh how I want her.

"You should trim your bangs." I say.
"Change your skinny jeans." She retorts.
"Your room smells like canned beans."
She's confused. "But you're congested."
Think fast. "And you took all my Day-quill, you overdose case."
"You hypocrite"
"You pessimist."
"Worrier."
"Twilight fan-girl."
"Fake eyes." (I have contacts.)
"Skanky underwear."
Her brow furrows. "You like my skanky underwear." She's such a tease.
"Over exaggerate." I continue.
"Analysand."
"Foolish."
"Kill-joy." She moves closer.
"Nail-bitter."
"Realist." And closer.
"Dreamer."
"Scared of failure." Closest.

"That's a long list of things we hate about each other." I whisper to her lips.
"Lets make it longer."

She kisses me back.
In a minute, Paul.

11 comments:

  1. it's like a book that my girlfriend would read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then THIS. What am I supposed to do with myself? Goodness I'm just falling falling falling for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I don't even know what to say. This was fantastic. I was loving and hanging on every word. It's like what I read in my books. Wow. Love love love.

    You just became my favorite human today. Let's be friends.

    Damn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this seems like a page from the type of book i always read. looooove it. you're good. and the title is absolutely amazing
    "Her brow furrows. "You like my skanky underwear." She's such a tease."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I enjoyed in this: the mortality, the acknowledgement, the fragility, the stubbornness, the fantasy, and the reality.

    This is love.

    Bro. You have good taste. And even better writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my other favorite. "She's such a tease"

    ReplyDelete